WCPI search results
add to order
Tony's Cafe, owned and operated by A. Casagrande, located on the corner of Regent Avenue and Oxford Street, was a popular rendezvous in Transcona. Mr. Casagrande, one of Transcona's pioneers, arrived here in 1913 and was employed by CNR for 5 years at the Transcona Shops. In 1919, he opened his Cafe at the present location. The business flourished and he enlarged and modernized it in 1926. Further exterior improvements were made in 1936 by the application of Insul-Bric Siding, manufactured by Building Products Limited and supplied by North American Lumber And Supply Co.